Since the beginning of 2019, the Foothills Foundation has granted or allocated approximately $7,000 to people or groups in need in the Maroondah and Yarra Ranges area as follows:.
- Through our relationship with Eastern Access Community Health (EACH), we provided:
- a grant of $730 to provide bannister and grab rails for a lady with reduced mobility due to Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and suffering from anxiety and depression and
- a grant of $470 for the gap payment for a three function hi lo hospital bed for an elderly lady with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and living alone in an OOH Unit.
- At the request of ANCHOR, we partnered with them and the IOOB to help a local family in crisis. Each of us contributed a third ($3,540) of six months’ rent for a family in which the mother is suffering with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. While she has been undergoing bone marrow treatment, her husband has taken leave of absence from work without pay to look after their three children and they needed a hand to meet rental commitments.
- The Foundation helped Ringwood Biala with the purchase of new carpet squares ($850) for their respite facilities. The respite programme at Ringwood Biala is designed to give parents of children with additional needs (0 to 6 years) one day a week relief. See http://www.bialaringwood.com/
- We also provided $1,500 to the Holy Fools after their trailer and supporting goods were stolen earlier this year. The Holy Fools provides unconditional love, care and support for people on and around the streets of Lilydale and the Yarra Valley, in particular the homeless. See http://www.holyfools.org.au/
Grant applications can be initiated through our website at https://www.foothills.org.au/grants/.